Saddlemen Mourns Recent Loss Of Sponsored Racer
Saddlemen ownership and staff were saddened to learn of the death of long-time flat track racer Rick Hocking. We were proud to sponsor Rick for several years now. Only recently he'd finished third at this year's Saddlemen Vintage Class competition at Gene Romero's WCFTS event in Las Vegas.
A California native, Rick was a rodeo rider in his youth, until getting involved in motorcycle racing in the late '60s. He raced on the AMA Grand National circuit from the mid-1970s until the early 1980s, winning four Grand National races.
Rick J. Hocking - November 25, 1952 to January 18, 2011
We at Saddlemen, since our founding, have enjoyed and taken pride in sponsoring motorsports racers and events. And while machines provide the thrill, velocity and competition possible, it's the spirit, commitment and courage of riders like Rick that make the heart and soul of the sport.
Our Hard-Construction Trunk Series Are Lockable And Quickly Removable
Saddlemen's Hard Case Luggage has great looking streamlined shape and cuts through the wind. Solid, reinforced and weatherproof, our tough, matte "basic" black plastic construction looks at home on any bike, scooter or ATV. Universal mounting kit allows attachment to existing luggage racks, while its quick disconnect mounting system allows trunk to be removed and from bike in seconds. Easily handled and carried when removed from the bike.
Both models (the smaller HC1700 and the larger HC2900) offer:
- Solid weatherproof construction
- Matte black, rigid and durable reinforced plastic construction
- Quick disconnect mounting system allows trunk to be removed from bike in seconds
- Universal mounting kit attaches to your existing luggage rack
- All hardware included - everything you need for complete installation to your rack
- Integrated lock with two keys
- Molded grip for easy carrying when off bike
The smaller HC1700 - fits Motorcycles, Scooters and ATVs
- Holds one full face helmet and other needed gear
- 28 liter / 1700 cubic inch capacity
- Dimensions: 15" L x 15" W x 10" H (Overall outside measurement)
The larger HC2900 - fits Motorcycles, Scooters and ATVs
- Holds two full face helmets and other needed gear
- 48 liter / 2900 cubic inch capacity
- Dimensions: 17" L x 23" W x 13" H (Overall outside measurement)
Saddlemen is the industry leader in value and design in motorcycle luggage. We invite you to see what our extensive expertise and technology can do to make riding more enjoyable and convenient.
Convenient On And Off Motorcycles Great For Air Travel Too
Smooth rolling wheels and retractable handle make this bag perfect for airline travel
Our SaddleStow™ motorcycle luggage line is designed to be at home on the widest range of machines and offers the perfect look for cruising the highway. Style is not the only concern - function is paramount in the design of each SaddleStow item. A perfect blend of rugged materials make this luggage tough, weather-resistant and long lasting. Our unique combination of features set these bags apart from all others.
The SDP2600 features:
- Brand new, fully adjustable sissy bar mounting system goes on in seconds over any size and style sissy bar pad; once adjusted for your size pad, you never need to adjust again
- Rigid construction holds bag shape even when empty
- Top carry handle, backpack straps and shoulder strap for easy toting off bike
- Top cargo straps for attaching Saddlemen roll bag (sold separately) or for strapping down jacket, rain gear, etc.
- Top pocket office organizer and lockable zipper pulls
- Constructed of UV-, water-, and weather-resistant 1200 denier Saddle Tuff™ and leather-like vinyl panels
Dimensions: 18" wide x 21" high x 11.5" deep.
Measures 2,600 cubic inches
Providing More Flexibility And Options For Securing Motorcycle Luggage
Saddlemen has always strived to provide convenience, value and adaptability with our luggage lineup. The Versa-Mount yoke continues that tradition.
Saddlemen Versa-Mount System
Suggested Retail Price: $24.95
The easy-to-use Versa-Mount yoke and harness system fits under the passenger area of two-up seats, allowing the attachment of a sissy bar bag, rack bag or seat bag to a motorcycle without the use of a sissy bar or rack. The two-piece construction enables the yoke to be adjusted to fit a variety of passenger area seat widths and includes a one-inch-wide security strap and D-rings to insure that luggage will stay put on almost any motorcycle with a one-piece, two-up seat.
- Easy to install and easy to remove
- Attaches to almost any bike in seconds
- Adjustable straps feature chromed, spring loaded hooks
- Can be used with many types of luggage
- No sissy bar or rack necessary
- Considerably adds to the amount of potential luggage a bike can carry without modification
- Matching luggage available
Available through Drag Specialties and Parts Unlimited at dealerships nationwide, and at saddlemen.com
A downloadable, printable version of the Versa-Mount instruction sheet is available in Adobe Acrobat PDF format at this link.