- Saddlemen Explorer™ RS seats are now available for 06-12 Harley-Davidson Dyna Glide models.
- The Explorer™ RS is available with an optional driver backrest that is removable and fully adjustable.
- The Explorer™ RS seat combines comfort and style for long trips on non-touring motorcycles.
- Product available for media evaluation.
Rancho Dominguez, Calif. - September 5, 2012 - Saddlemen has released its Explorer™ RS seat for 2012 Harley-Davidson Dyna Glide models. The Explorer™ RS offers the long-distance comfort of the popular Road Sofa™ to Dyna Glide riders.
The Explorer™ RS seat will transform your Dyna Glide into a road trip ready touring bike with long-lasting comfort and style to match. Its exclusive, unique split-cushion design reduces tailbone and back pressure, while SaddleGel™ in both the driver and passenger portions provides maximum long-range comfort. A removable driver’s backrest is available for Dyna Glide models, allowing you to customize your seat for ultimate comfort. Saddlemen Explorer™ seats are designed to fit with most aftermarket detachable sissy bars and are made in America.
- Plush, pillow-top style cover for non-touring Harleys
- SaddleGel™ in front and rear for driver and passenger comfort
- Optional driver’s backrest is removable and adjustable for customized comfort
- Exclusive split-cushion design improves lumbar support
- Designed to fit with most aftermarket detachable sissy bars
- Made in the U.S.A.
Saddlemen Explorer™ RS Seats for 06-12 Harley-Davidson Dyna Glide Models
Rancho Dominguez, Calif. - August 30, 2012 - Saddlemen is teaming up with AMA Flat Track superstar Jared Mees to offer fans the unique opportunity to go “Slidin’ with Jared Mees” at the Springfield Mile this weekend.
“Slidin’ with Jared Mees” offers flat track fans the chance to jump on Jared’s Saddlemen Flat Track seat in the pro paddocks for a photo op with the GNC leader’s Harley-Davidson. Jared will have one of his race bikes mounted in a sliding position to replicate the look and feel of sliding through a corner. Fans can climb aboard and have pictures taken in a simulated dirt track slide!
Fans will then be able to visit www.saddlemen.com/racing/slidin-with-jared-mees to download their complimentary “Slidin’ with Jared Mees” photo. See you at the Springfield Mile, September 1-2 at the Illinois State Fairgrounds for Rounds 11 & 12 of AMA Pro Flat Track Racing action.
Last Chance to Register
- There are still spots available to participate in the Class of ’79 Charity Golf Tournament presented by Saddlemen.
- Participants will be paired with current and former GNC racers at the August 31st tournament in Springfield, IL.
- All proceeds go directly to AIR.
Rancho Dominguez, Calif. - August 24, 2012 - The Class of ’79 1st Annual Charity Golf Tournament presented by Saddlemen is fast approaching and there are just a few spots left for the opportunity to support Aid to Injured Riders (AIR).
The August 31st tournament in Springfield, Illinois will kick off the Springfield Mile weekend as participants are paired with current and past GNC riders for a round of best ball golf. Prizes will be available on select holes for closest to the pin, hole-in-one and more, and the event will be followed by lunch, an awards banquet, a silent auction and autograph session.
|Scotty Parker||Tommy Duma|
|Bubba Shobert||Lance Jones|
|Mike Kidd||Charlie Roberts|
|Ronnie Jones||Doug Lawrence|
|Jared Mees||Jason Isennock|
|Jake Johnson||Scott Deubler|
|Brian Smith||Kevin Atherton|
|Johnny Lewis||Chad Cose|
|Rob Pearson||And many more!|
- Saddlemen’s new E-Pak houses your smart phone, GPS unit or small electronic device in a sleek pouch that secures to your fuel tank.
- The E-Pak fits most smart phones and a variety of GPS units, and features an electrostatic-transmitting plastic window that allows you to operate the touch screen.
- The pouch is weather resistant to protect your device and has a rubberized backing that protects your fuel tank finish.
- The Saddlemen E-Pak is available through Parts Unlimited and Drag Specialties.
- Samples available for media evaluation.
Rancho Dominguez, Calif. - August 23, 2012 - Saddlemen is proud to announce the release of the new E-Pak, a specialized pouch designed to house your personal electronics device on the go. The E-Pak is the best solution for those who want to bring their smart phone, GPS unit or other small electronic device on their motorcycle, scooter or ATV. The E-Pak holds your device in a sleek pouch with a large plastic window that allows you to operate a touch screen with a bare finger or electrostatic-transmitting gloves.
While designed to fit most modern smart phones, the E-Pak is also compatible with a number of GPS units. The weather resistant pouch features shielded magnets to secure your device to your fuel tank.
- Pouch fits most smart phones and many GPS units
- Roomy interior space – 5 inches long, 3.5 inches wide and 0.75 inches thick
- Weather resistant
- Shielded magnets for easy installation/removal
- Electrostatic-transmitting window allows touch screen operation
- Rubberized backing protects fuel tank finish
- Universal application – works great on any bike
Model Number: 3502-0208
The Saddlemen E-Pak is distributed through Parts Unlimited and Drag Specialties.
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (August 14, 2012) - The second half of the 2012 AMA Pro Harley-Davidson Insurance Grand National Championship presented by Motorcycle-Superstore.com and Lucas Oil started with a bang as the series returned to the oldest venue on the circuit. Peoria, IL and the Peoria Motorcycle Club's Race Park TT served as round nine of the 16 race series.
Just like the last seven years, Henry Wiles dominated the 25-lap national, leading every lap and winning by a margin of almost seven seconds. Repeating their finishes from last week in Castle Rock, WA, series points leader Jared Mees (Montgomeryville Cycle) was second and defending AMA Pro Harley-Davidson Insurance Grand National Champion Jake Johnson (Zanotti Racing) was a solid third.
Many felt Wiles' winning streak was in jeopardy as he has struggled of late with his potent Kawasaki, but mild-mannered Henry stepped out of the phone booth with his cape firmly attached.
"Everybody was getting nervous. People around me that I talk to sometimes on a weekly basis, I could tell they were nervous," said Wiles. "I said it will be ok, we will be up front. It's tough on a guy sometimes when you are not getting the finishes you know you can, but you are fighting something. We struggled with the bike setup and some mechanical problems, but I tell you, I wasn't frustrated. I know that some things are going to be harder than others."
Wiles win matches Chris Carr's Peoria record of eight consecutive wins. "A lot of people would think eight in a row is enough, but I don't, nine would be nice," warned Wiles. "I tell you what, it's a special thing to be able to come in here and tie Chris' eight. I don't think Chris gets enough credit for winning 13 races here. When you stop and look back, that's a lot of years. A lot of things happen in that amount of time."
"Guys were running good today. I knew the field would be tough," said Wiles. "I qualified fast. I had fast heat race and didn't do so well in the Dash."
Even though Wiles had been fast qualifier and fast heat winner, Sammy Halbert (Fredericktown Yamaha) got the hole-shot in the Dash for Cash and came away with the win. Wiles even had second place slip away as Mees slipped by on the last lap. Halbert's four lap Dash for Cash performance foretold his national problems as each trip over the big jump was an adventure.
Wiles got the lead on what would be an aborted start as Luke Gough (Nicely Motorsports / Skip Eaken Racing) fell heavily coming off the jump on lap one. Gough was unable to make the restart and was transported to a local hospital with a reported leg injury.
When the light flashed green for the 25-lap main event, Wiles shot to the front and it became a race for second.
"Just like last year, I just struggled on the starting line. Wiles popped me right off the line," said Mees. "He did exactly what he had to do. Sammy got in between us and kind of road blocked us a little bit. It is what it is. One of these days maybe I can get off with him and give him a run. We always come here in June and have a lot of dominance, then he puts it on us in the main event."
Wiles' day was not without stress including a major moment late in the race.
"I'm just proud of my team and my sponsors and my mechanic, Johnny (Olmstead). We had some problems in that Dash, but we made some changes to the bike," said Wiles. "I knew when I did the warm up lap that the bike was better. It was a relief. I said, 'Yes, this is going to make my life a little bit easier today.' On about lap 17 or 18 going into turn one I set my foot down, it all happened at just the wrong time. It was just all wrong timing, but I stuck my foot right in a hole, which is something that can happen and I've done it here before. The ground was really hard today. I was tapping it a little bit coming to the jump, I thought I stinking broke it. I knew that I would still be able to win the race if it was broke. I was on a mission today."
A Secure Ride for Man’s Best Friends
- Bring your small pet along for the ride with the Saddlemen Pet Voyager, a convertible pet carrier and cargo bag.
- Transport your pet in comfort and safety with a padded interior and mesh vents.
- Universal applications and quick disconnect system makes the Voyager practical and versatile for all occasions.
- The Saddlemen Pet Voyager is available through Parts Unlimited and Drag Specialties dealers.
- Samples available for media evaluation.
Rancho Dominguez, Calif. - August 2, 2012 - Saddlemen is pleased to announce the introduction of a pet carrier to its extensive luggage line. The Saddlemen Pet Voyager is a convertible pet carrier and cargo bag that transports your pet comfortably and safely on your Harley or Metric cruiser or touring bike.
The Saddlemen Pet Voyager allows you and your pet to ride together safely with this removable pet carrier. Multiple vents, a padded interior plus food and water trays will get you and your pet to any destination in true Saddlemen style.
The Pet Voyager also doubles as a versatile cargo bag with a quick disconnect setup, backpack straps and separated compartments. Features include:
- Mesh vents and access flaps for controlled air flow
- Comfortable padded interior for comfort, with removable bottom tray for easy cleaning
- Stow food and water trays in their own storage compartment
- A sliding leash mount to keep pets secure and a walking leash for pit stops
- Two mounting systems for universal applications – Saddlemen Versa-mount seat harness or adjustable sissy bar strap system
- Quick disconnect straps, carrying handles and backpack straps for practicality and versatility
- Ability to double as an effective cargo bag and plush backrest
Model Number: 3515-0131
Come see the Saddlemen Pet Voyager in person August 2-12 at Black Hills Harley-Davidson in Rapid City, SD and at J&P Cycles in Sturgis, SD for the 2012 Sturgis® Motorcycle Rally. Learn more about the Saddlemen Pet Voyager here. The Saddlemen Pet Voyager is available through Parts Unlimited and Drag Specialties dealers.
CLICK ON IMAGE FOR HIGH RES DOWNLOAD
Come see us at U.S. Grand Prix - Laguna Seca
- Saddlemen Adventure Track Seats are now available for 04-12 BMW R1200GS models.
- Saddlemen Adventure Track Seats combine comfort and control with durability and utility.
- These Saddlemen seats are available in standard or low profile with optional front heating system.
- Saddlemen Adventure Track Seats are available through Parts Unlimited dealers.
- Samples available for media evaluation.
Rancho Dominguez, Calif. - July 26, 2012 - Saddlemen has released new applications of its Performance Adventure Track Seats for 04-12 BMW R1200GS models. Saddlemen’s Adventure Track Seats combine comfort, durability and practicality, making it the perfect seat for any adventure.
The Saddlemen Adventure Track seat for 04-12 BMW R1200GS models is the ideal seat for motorcyclists that want to do it all. Adventure Track Seats are designed to provide unparalleled comfort and control on and off the road. Featuring SaddleGel™, progressive density foam and a Gel Channel, this seat will keep adventurers and dual-sport riders in the saddle for hours on end. The durable vinyl and micro-fiber suede cover stands up to the elements, while the built-in pillion mounting points allow you to integrate bags or cargo in just minutes. Saddlemen Adventure Track Seats are available in standard and low profile designs and are offered with an optional front heating system.
- SaddleGel™, progressive density foam and Gel Channel technology for extended comfort
- Durable and weather-resistant vinyl and micro-fiber suede cover
- Integrated bag/cargo mounting points on pillion
- Available in standard or low profile
- Available with built-in front heating system
- Made in the U.S.A.
Saddlemen Adventure Track Seats for 04-12 BMW R1200GS
|0810-1155||Standard w/ Front Heat||$749.95|
|0810-1156||Low Profile w/ Front Heat||$749.95|
CLICK ON IMAGE FOR HIGH RES DOWNLOAD
Since 1987 Saddlemen has been dedicated to offering high-quality aftermarket seats, luggage and accessories for all types of motorcycles. Designed for increased comfort and style, all Saddlemen products are built with industry-leading technology and premium materials. Saddlemen's vast line puts American craftsmanship on any type of bike - Harley, cruiser, touring, sport, dual sport, off-road, ATVs and snowmobiles. Whether you race on the track, explore the open road, tackle some unexplored terrain or commute to work, Saddlemen's quality products will help you get where you want to go. Saddlemen is the Official Seat of AMA Pro Racing.