Six new additions to Saddlemen’s Rigid-Mount “Teardrop” Saddlebag line now directly available from our online store.
For Hondas, we have sets in two styles for a wide range of 1100 Shadows, going back to 1987, featuring a specially shaped “shock cutaway” back panel for a close, streamlined fit.
Our Yamaha line now features “Teardrop” saddlebags for both recent and current V-Star 1100’s and 1700 Road Stars. All these saddlebag sets arecustom designed specifically for each frame.
Perfect for heavier loads, these ruggedly built saddlebags offer great looks, high durability and the security of permanent mounting.
- Pre-fitted and sized correctly for rigid mounting to specific models
- Streamlined shape allows stock turn signal locations for many applications – turn signal relocator bracket included for harder-to-fit bikes, as needed
- “Drifter” styling features smooth, clean and uncluttered look with straps and buckles
- “Desperado” style features chrome studs, chrome buckles and stylish straps
- Complete hardware and chrome saddlebag supports included for rigid mounting. Upgradeable to “Quick Release” configuration with Saddlemen S4 Quick-Disconnect Docking Post Kit
- Informative step-by-step installation instructions
- Matching seats available
Click the links below for specific information about each Rigid-Mount Teardrop Style Saddlebag set:
These links open online versions of our product instructions for each saddlebag type:
Many product instruction guides are available online for Saddlemen motorcycle luggage and motorcycle seats. Our website is available around-the-clock and has dozens of downloadable and printable Adobe Acrobat (PDF) versions of our instruction sheets ready for use at the user’s convenience.
Our Rigid Mount Teardrop Saddlebags, and much more of our range of motorcycle luggage can be purchased through retailers across the country affiliated with Drag Specialties and Parts Unlimited. Our products can also be ordered directly from Saddlemen at (800) 397-7709.
“We have installed Saddlemen Gel Seats on all of our bikes for many years. When we got the Wing, we went for a ride and Sue tapped me on the shoulder and asked me if the bike had a gel seat (which it didn’t). She could tell the difference.
She then asked me (in a very pointed way), ‘When would we get one?’
‘As soon as I can call Saddlemen,’ I replied. I did, and now she’s happy.”
Larry and Susan L.
For the people here at Saddlemen, nothing is more gratifying than knowing that our products are helping the riding public get more enjoyment, time and miles out of their seats and luggage.
To learn more about the experiences of satisfied Saddlemen customers, and the benefits our technology and workmanship can offer to you, please click on the following link:
Multi-platinum selling musicians Jason Freese (left in photo) from Green Day (keyboards, guitar, sax, vocals), and his buddy Kevin Baldes (right), bass player from the band Lit stopped by to tour the Saddlemen facilities recently, and to get a custom Saddlemen seat for Jason’s XR650L Honda supermoto bike.
In addition to being world class musicians, Kevin and Jason are all-around nice guys, long-time motorcyclists and friends from Orange County, California. That’s Saddlemen President Tom Seymour showing them around.
The seat on Jason’s Honda was reshaped for his riding style, and includes a lower rider position for better control in supermoto situations, a rider bump-stop (common racer mod), custom non-slip ultrasuede finish, contrast color stitching (red, naturally), and of course Saddlemen’s exclusive SaddleGel™ inside for a comfortable ride. It was also lengthened so that Jason’s bride could accompany him around town.
The bike is a project in conjunction with the Motorcycle Industry Council (www.mic.org) under the direction of IRS Media’s special project guru Avery Innes. Other modifications include 17″ wheels and sticky street tires, supermoto-specific brakes, lowered suspension, wider footpegs, aggressive handlebars, engine tweaks and a Jardine exhaust. This is one bad-ass XR650L streetbike!
Click on the images to the left to see them full size.
See Jason Freese and other rock musicians on the MIC’s new website RockMoto.com, which combines the high energy of rock ‘n roll music with the speed and grace of motorcycling.
As this patriotic themed touring seat proves, not all custom projects involve exotic animal hide inserts, flame stitch patterns, iron cross designs or conchos-and-fringe. This special project seat from several years ago took advantage of the smooth, wide contours of our Road Sofa seat to pay tribute to “Old Glory”.
These photos also show many of the special features of our Road Sofa design:
- Tall lumbar support and wide driver saddle for excellent support
- Our removable driver’s backrest, adjustable in both vertical and horizontal position
- Adjustable air bladders in both the driver’s backrest and lumbar support
- Split-cushion design, separating lumbar support and seat cushion for independent compression, reducing tailbone and hipbone pressure
- Our exclusive “ergo channel” along the center of the driver’s seating surface, to reduce pressure
- The streamlined nose to improve the rider’s reach to the ground