“Valentino Rossi” Themed 2009 Yamaha R1 Unveiled At Long Beach Show
At the recent Long Beach Cycle World International Motorcycle Show, Don Emde, publisher of Parts Magazine and project leader for the build, unveiled an attention-getting, street-legal, custom Yamaha, the Rossi/Riders For Health Yamaha R1, built to be auctioned for charity next year.
Proceeds will benefit the Riders for Health organization. Saddlemen was pleased to make and donate a special custom seat and pillion for this unique machine, and proud to be among the top-of-the-line aftermarket manufacturers asked to participate in its creation for the Friends Of Riders For Health organization.
The bike’s concept is to be a one-of-a-kind “Track Day” sportbike, wrapped in famed racer Valentino Rossi’s AGV “Five Continents” graphics. This machine boasts numerous upgrades from major aftermarket firms. When auctioned, the eventual buyer will receive all needed “street legal” items currently off the bike, as well as a second full set of body work and windscreen.
Click on the gallery images above to see them at full size.
We at Saddlemen invite you to see what our expertise, craftsmanship and technology can do to make riding more enjoyable – just as we’ve done for the Rossi/Riders For Health Yamaha R1 custom machine.
Luggage Designed For Ultra-Usefulness… Whether On A Motorcycle Or Off
One of our best reviewed and most versatile pieces in our “SaddleStow” luggage line is our feature-filled Roller Sissy Bar Bag.
Click on the images below to view them full size.
Smooth rolling wheels (typical rollers shown below) and retractable handle (as shown above) make this bag perfect for airline travel
- Brand new, fully adjustable sissy bar mounting system goes on in seconds over any size and style sissy bar pad; once adjusted for your size pad, you never need to adjust again
- Rigid construction holds bag shape even when empty
- Top carry handle, backpack straps and shoulder strap for easy toting off bike
- Top cargo straps for attaching Saddlemen roll bag or strapping down jacket, rain gear, etc.
- Top pocket office organizer and lockable zipper pulls
- Constructed of UV/water/weather-resistant 1200 denier Saddle Tuff™ & leather-like panels
Dimensions: 18″ W x 21″ H x 11.5″ D; measures 2,600 cubic inches
We invite you to see what our expertise and technology can do to make riding (and travel in general) more enjoyable.
Our luggage lines offer choices beyond buckles, studs and glossy, nostalgic materials. From soft, durable and tough nylon fabric to hard, durable plastic, our always-expanding range of storage options is available for all types of bikes.
The TS3200 Deluxe Sport Tailbag brings the ease and flexibility of a collapsible duffel bag to any machine. High quality fabric and plenty of convenient and versatile attachment options make this a great storage option for almost any bike..
Our three sizes of Fastback Touring Bags - Small, Medium, and Large, combine fabric with a rigid frame, and can be used as back seat bags, or secured to a luggage rack. They feature full side openings for convenience, interior mesh pockets and large zippered pouches outside. Includes rain covers and backpack straps.
Saddlemen also offers a wide range of ultraconvenient Tank Bags, either with magnetic attachment or suction cups. These are designed to offer the easiest access available when on the road, with features like transparent map covers, waterproof cable ports for earphones and gadgets.
Recent additions to our luggage family are our Hard Case Luggage cases. Tough and streamlined, these come with versatile and easy-to-use mounting systems to secure to luggage racks, and allow fast attachment and removal.
The R850 Roll Bag is made for use with most of our touring bags. Made with rigid reinforcement, it keeps its shape empty or full, and is the perfect option for “just enough” storage on the road.
Versa-Mount Under-Seat Yoke and Harness Mounting System
Suggested Retail Price: $24.95
The easy-to-use Versa-Mount yoke and harness system fits under the passenger area of two-up seats, allowing the attachment of a sissy bar bag, rack bag or seat bag to a motorcycle without the use of a sissy bar or rack. The two-piece construction enables the yoke to be adjusted to fit a variety of passenger area seat widths and includes a one-inch-wide security strap and D-rings to insure that luggage will stay put on almost any motorcycle with a one-piece, two-up seat.
- Easy to install and easy to remove
- Attaches to almost any bike in seconds
- Adjustable straps feature chromed, spring loaded hooks
- Can be used with many types of luggage
- No sissy bar or rack necessary
- Considerably adds to the amount of potential luggage a bike can carry without modification
- Matching luggage available
Available soon through Drag Specialties and Parts Unlimited at dealerships nationwide, and at saddlemen.com
A downloadable, printable version of the Versa-Mount instruction sheet is available in Adobe Acrobat PDF format at this link.
Saddlemen's Feature-Filled BR3400 Back Seat/Rack/Sissy Bar Bag
SaddleStow BR3400 Back Seat, Rack and Sissy Bar Bag
Saddlemen’s newest luggage model provides great versatility – can either be used as a sissy bar bag, or as a “back seat bag,” set between rider and tour back on all types of motorcycles.
3,400 cubic inch
Two mounting systems included – a seat harness or adjustable sissy bar strap system easily attaches bag to your motorcycle’s seat, luggage rack, or sissy bar
- Rugged blend of fabric and leather-grained materials look great on any type of motorcycle; internal structure maintains bag shape even when empty
- Backrest pad can be adjusted for additional comfort for the passenger or driver
- Included detachable backpack straps for easy off-the-bike jaunts
- Spacious top-loading main compartment is large enough to hold one full-face helmet plus other cargo
- Includes another large top-loading main compartment
- Padded laptop storage compartment and organizer pocket
- Five external pockets, two of which can be expanded for added capacity
- Five internal mesh pockets
- Two outer mesh pockets
- Rain cover with security tether protects the bag from the elements
- Top exterior flap can be adjusted to carry a jacket
- Mini-padlock, with extra keys, help secure your belongings in the bag
- Constructed of UV-, water- and weather-resistant 1200-denier SaddleTuff™; and leather-like vinyl panels
Available at authorized Drag Specialties & Parts Unlimited dealers
Saddlemen’s Hard Case Luggage has great looking streamlined shape and cuts through the wind. Solid, reinforced and weatherproof, our matte black plastic construction looks at home on any bike, scooter or ATV. Universal mounting kit allows attachment to existing luggage racks, while its quick disconnect mounting system allows trunk to be removed from bike in seconds. Easily transported off bike. All hardware is included – everything you need is included for complete installation to rack.
HC1700 – fits Motorcycles, Scooters and ATVs
- Holds one full face helmet and other needed gear
- 28 liter / 1700 cubic inch capacity
- Dimensions: 15″ L x 15″ W x 10″ H overall outside measurement
HC2900 – fits Motorcycles, Scooters and ATVs
- Holds two full face helmets and other needed gear
- 48 liter / 2900 cubic inch capacity
- Dimensions: 17″ L x 23″ W x 13″ H overall outside measurement
Tim Monroe of Anaheim, California had a Suzuki Bandit 1200 that was basically a good bike, but it was old and not really worth selling, so Tim decided to breath some new life into it with some customization.
Being a fan of the streetfighter movement, he went that route, replacing the headlights with a small unit from Europe, adding a custom shorty exhaust and abbreviating the tail section for a solo-only ride. The paint went a bit retro, with everything coated in flat black except for the wheels, which were powder coated red.
Tim came to Saddlemen for his new custom seat, since he had shortened the stock seat base by about eight inches and needed something cool to matched the bike’s theme. The result: this SaddleGel-equipped beauty with pinstriping inspired by Von Dutch.
Saddlemen’s new luggage line includes the TS3200 Deluxe Tail Bag, a rigid bag that’s designed with a “tunnel” in the middle, to conveniently straddle the back seat or luggage rack on just about any bike. Quick-release mounting straps secure the bag to your bike’s frame, turn signals, etc. and you’re on your way.
Features include a zip-off backpack pouch, 2-inch zippered expansion panel, internal and external mesh pouches, an office organizer area and a fold-down duffle bag inside- all for $119.95, available from Saddlemen or through Parts Unlimited and Drag Specialties dealers around the world.
Part number 3516-0036 (click on images to see enlarged)