Shop By Bike
2006-2017 FXD, FXDWG, FLD Dyna Explorer G-Tech™ Seat
Brand Fitment: Harley-Davidson
Model Fitment: FXD / FXDWG Dyna Models (including FLD 2012-16)
Year Fitment: 2006-2017
Product Overview (HD)
All Saddlemen Seats are made to order in our California Manufacturing Facility
A true innovation in riding comfort; the Explorer™ G-TECH combines elements of Saddlemen’s® famous touring seat family with the advancement of our patented Gel Channel technology that incorporates gel and a channel in the main foam.
Flexible fabric cover breathes well over a concealed gel channel and a layer of memory foam that conforms to the shape of the rider’s body to relieve pressure on the perineal area and increase blood flow to keep the rider and passenger comfortable and in the saddle longer. The deep, wide contours of the saddle are mated with a new nose shape to create a long distance saddle that helps the rider touch the ground with confidence at stops.
- A unique version of Saddlemen’s® popular touring seat family, engineered and styled to add superb comfort and quality to your motorcycle
- The seat’s contours have been carefully developed using our decades of experience to provide mile after mile of riding pleasure
- Standard-profile Explorer G-TECH™ seats have a similar or lower height as the original H-D seat, but with a carefully shaped front section so the rider can better touch the ground at stops
- The memory-foam, fabric and vinyl seat cover creates an exceptionally comfortable riding experience, especially when the weather get toasty
- This specialized and proprietary molded memory-foam cover has support panels for a unique, modern appearance that covers a Gel Channel foam foundation for cool comfort for hours on end
- Saddlemen’s® Gel Channel (GC) technology (patent pending) seats incorporate a split piece of SaddleGel and a channel in the base foam to relieve seating pressure on the perineal area, increase blood flow, thus keeping the rider in the saddle longer
- Exclusive, unique split-cushion design cover also separates the seating surface from the lumbar support, reducing tailbone and back pressure for maximum long-range comfort
- These seats feature large, plush lumbar sections that support the driver’s back and posterior so well that big miles add up before you notice it
- The passenger section has been altered to improve comfort by strategically adding foam height and shaping the seating area so the passenger is not forced into the driver and has a better view over the driver’s shoulder.
- Most Explorer G-TECH seats are available with a built-in Saddlemen® driver’s backrest with a matching cover that can be adjusted both horizontally and vertically to the rider’s back and is removable for a sleek appearance
- The seat’s carefully engineered, gel-coated marine-grade fiberglass base with plated hardware is the foundation for a long service life
- Each seat is easy-to-install with all necessary mounting hardware and instructions included
- Designed and made in the U.S.A.
This rapid warming feature quickly replaces the chill of a cold day or evening with nearly instant heating of the seat. The heated core provides 2 comfort levels controlled by its High–Off-Low dual switch functionality. If you are prone to cold, this option is a must have!
Typical Outline – Your Seat May Vary
2 Up Seat: Installation Overview (HD)
This video is intended to provide a brief installation overview. Further step-by-step information is located on the “Download Instructions” hyperlink located on each product page. You may also speak with one of our friendly and knowledgeable product specialist for additional information - 1.800.397.7709 / email@example.com