Shop By Bike
2003-2010 R6 (03-05) & R6S (06-10) Tech Solo Seat (with Matching Pillion Cover)
Brand Fitment: Yamaha
Model Fitment: R6 (03-05) & R6S (06-10)
Year Fitment: 2003-2010
Saddlemen’s® line of Sportbike Seats are designed specifically for the rider that needs a seat that can do everything—canyon carving, track days, or commuting. Most of these stylish seats feature Saddlemen’s® Gel Channel (GC) technology (patent pending) that incorporates a split piece of SaddleGel and a channel in the base foam to relieve seating pressure on the perineal area, increase blood flow, and keep the rider in the saddle longer. These seats offer high quality, light weight construction and styling that’s second-to-none. They are most likely the best performance-increasing value item you can apply to your motorcycle.
The Tech offer a great looking seat which is a more comfortable ride that is noticeable from the moment you get on. Why?
Almost two decades ago, Saddlemen® was the innovator of SaddleGel™ for motorcycle seats, bringing over a gel technology widely used in medical applications. Now widely copied, but not duplicated, SaddleGel™ provides undisputable comfort.
Adding to the comfort is our unique SaddleHyde™ covering that has the right amount of stretch built in to make better use of the SaddleGel™ underneath.
Saddlemen® has engineered the perfect and only matched motorcycle seating foam that works in conjunction with SaddleGel™ and SaddleHyde™ for maximum riding distance and pleasure. Saddlemen’s® proprietary Black Magic™ foam with its high resilient properties maximizes your motorcycles suspension package by collapsing just enough to conform to the rider’s body shape. In turn it helps to equalize the pressure to allow good blood flow. Combined with our precisely engineered molding cavities, our 3 part system is carefully molded with a skin that resists penetration by rain or perspiration. All completed in house under the careful supervision of trained technicians to guarantee a perfectly contoured seat with every pour.
Gel Channel Features:
- Saddlemen’s® revolutionary Gel Channel (GC) seats offer high quality; durable construction and styling that are as unique as it is functional.
- The GC-seat design combines an interior comprising of progressive density foam and SaddleGel with a specialized cover that provides Sportbike riders a new level of comfort and control.
- Gel Channel (GC) technology (patent pending) seats incorporate a split piece of SaddleGel and a channel in the base foam to relieve seating pressure on the perineal area, increase blood flow, thus keeping the rider in the saddle longer.
- The vinyl, suede or memory foam cover holds up to hard use while providing a superb balance comfort and grip (certain models feature a rugged gripper style cover).
- Plated steel brackets are part of the plastic or fiberglass seat pan foundation specially engineered so your Saddlemen® seat matches or exceeds the original seat’s fit.
- Some models are also available in low-profile designs.
- Designed and built in the U.S.A.
- High-quality, flexible fabric top cover breathes well and its texture allows body to move on the seat for aggressive maneuvering.
- Just under the top-cover is a layer of memory foam that contours to the shape of the rider’s body with additional memory foam in areas strategically positioned for maximum comfort.
- While it’s not visible, the center GEL-channel is there, hidden under the molded memory foam/fabric cover.
- An excellent choice for motorcycles ridden in very warm environments as the TECH saddle stays cooler than a conventional seat.
- More comfortable than any stock seat on the market, but there’s no question it’s a custom, hand built seat designed to match the characteristics of your specific motorcycle.
- Driver’s seat height mimics the original seat, but with a wider rear saddle section for comfort plus a specially shaped nose that helps the rider’s feet touch the ground better at stops.
- In most cases the pitch of the seat’s foam is revised to eliminate the rider from being forced into the fuel tank while riding.
- Slightly bucketed in the rear section to contour to the rider’s body for better control during aggressive riding.
- Each TECH seat is supplied with a pillion cover you can install on your bike’s passenger seat that matches your new front seat.
- Easy to install, bolts to your bike just like the stock seat.
Typical Outline – Your Seat May Vary